Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A 4th Blog? What is going on?



I have been a 6 and 15mm Sci-fi miniatures gamer for a long time. Probably 6mm a lot longer as I do play quite a bit of Battletech (which is covered by my Alpha Strike blog). But I wanted to also do a blog to cover my love of games like Dirtside II, Tomorrow's War, Stargrunt II, Strike Legion, and others that do the harder face of science fiction.

I grew up loving the Hammer's Slammer's stories, and one of the first units I built in 15mm was a Slammer's Task Force loosely based on TF Ronson from Rolling Hot. To my everlasting regret, I sold that force, but I have vehicles from Ainsty to replace it, when I get the time to paint them up! Now if I can just get that time...

But, I do have the Slammers in 6mm these days! And, I have quite a bit of other forces I'd need to organize, not to mention? I can use my copious modern collection to add to the fun as it were.

This isn't my first foray into this end of the blogosphere, as I edited the two issues of the abortive Sierra Foxtrot One Five. I will not attempt to pass the buck, it's my fault that magazine failed. There was just too much going on in my life at the time.

Now that said, I am hoping this blog does as well as "500 Miles.." but it remains to be seen. I do want to get to painting and playing more with my 15 and 6mm science fiction toys, and my blogs have been pretty good hobby motivators.

So, onward and upward, let's get some bolts and beams flying and we'll go from there.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Jason, get painting up those Ainsty Slammers (need to tell myself to do the same lol). Best of luck with the new blog , I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following as well. Play FWC in 6mm and Gruntz in 15mm

    ReplyDelete